Supported Browsers for Claremont Sakai 11
For the best experience with Courses (powered by Sakai), please choose a supported Web browser from the list below. They are listed in order from most-to-least preferred.
- Mozilla Firefox 47 or higher
- Google Chrome 57 or higher
- Apple Safari 11
- Although we have tested Safari against Claremont Sakai 11, and it works in general, Safari is not fully supported at this time. If you need to use Safari, version 11 works best based on preliminary testing results.
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
- In general when using a web-served software such as Sakai, using the browser's back button can be problematic. This is particularly true when using Internet Explorer.
- IE is mostly working with Sakai 11. However, during testing IE tends to render slightly differently, depending on which version of IE you are using (10, 11, Edge). There is a known issue that IE (10, 11) will not allow a user to "Star" a site in the Sites tab due to a bug specific to these versions of IE.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 seems to work with this functionality, but only in specific versions.
- Because of these various quirks, we highly recommend using Firefox or Chrome to access Sakai.
Note: You may get unexpected results if you use two browser windows or tabs to access the same tool at the same time. For best results, use one browser window to work in Sakai. If you do want to use two windows, you may want to use two different browsers (e.g., Chrome and Firefox).
Note: We also recommend that you clear your browser's cache for proper site navigation before you use Sakai 11.
Note: Please disable any pop-up blockers for the Sakai domain: sakai.claremont.edu.