Supported Browsers for Claremont Sakai
For the best experience with Courses (powered by Sakai), please choose a supported Web browser. For security purposes, it is highly recommended that you use the latest version available from the various browser vendors. The browsers that we support for Sakai here at Claremont are listed in order below:
- Mozilla Firefox 67 or higher
- Google Chrome 74 or higher
- Apple Safari 12
- Although we have tested Safari against Claremont Sakai, and it works in general, Safari is not fully supported at this time. If you need to use Safari, Claremont Sakai version works best based on preliminary testing results.
- Microsoft Edge
- In general when using a web-served software such as Sakai, using the browser's back button can be problematic. This is particularly true when using Internet Explorer.
- Internet Explorer mostly works with Claremont Sakai. However, during testing IE tends to render slightly differently, depending on which version of IE you are using (11, Edge). There is a known issue that Internet Explorer will not allow a user to "Star" a site in the Sites tab due to a bug specific to Internet Explorer.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 seems to work with this functionality, but only in specific versions.
- Because of these various quirks, we highly recommend using Firefox or Chrome to access Sakai.
Note: You may get unexpected results if you use two browser windows or tabs to access the same tool at the same time. For best results, use one browser window to work in Sakai. If you do want to use two windows, you may want to use two different browsers (e.g., Chrome and Firefox).
Note: We also recommend that you clear your browser's cache for proper site navigation before you use Claremont sakai.
Note: Please disable any pop-up blockers for the Sakai domain: sakai.claremont.edu.